I think my exit strategy for this business venture would be to grow it and then merge with a larger corporation. I think this would be the best path for my business since I wouldn't want to run it forever, and by merging with a larger corporation I would get a bigger payout in the end. I think this would influence my decisions in the fact that I would want to market myself to those corporations as well as my audience. I would want them to see that my company is successful and would be very beneficial for them to merge with.
Hey Hayley,
ReplyDeleteI think a strategic alliance as your ultimate goal is a great idea. Being able to sell off your business to a larger corporation will not only generate huge profit, but it will allow the larger corporation to take control of your business and grow it. With a large corporation in control, I believe that the long term payoffs would be massive. This would also allow you to focus on your own personal goals aside from the business. Also, another huge advantage is that these larger corporations have experience with mergers, thus knowing exactly how to manage a business like yours. Good luck with your business!
Hi Hayley,
ReplyDeleteI decided on a similar exit strategy with my venture. Merging with a larger, more established, corporation in the industry has many benefits, and many times they are willing to pay up big money to acquire businesses they see as profitable. I think the challenge with mergers is growing the company to the point where these larger companies see your business as competition.
Hey Hayley!
ReplyDeleteI was super interested with your exit strategy idea, and I personally had not thought about the strategy that you described. I really like the idea of growing a company and merging with another, and it's something I see happening a lot nowadays. I feel like it would not only be a valid strategy, but also may be extremely beneficial to your business specifically. Great job!