The book I chose to read was The Art of Social Media, Power Tips of Power Users by Guy Kawasaki.
1. The books main theme is all about embracing our advancing technology and social media and using it as a tool to help you succeed. Many people view social media as a distraction, but Kawasaki disagrees and says that it can be used to your benefit.
2. This book helped me understand all of the different uses of social media, besides just connecting with friends. Social media can be used to keep in touch, but to also brand your business, grow your business and figure out the wants of your customers.
3. I think a good exercise for this class that has to do with this book would be to create two different social media profiles, one using promotion methods and one not to see the difference in their performance. This would allow us to see exactly how social media impacts your business.
4. The biggest "AHA" moment for me was when Kawasaki spoke about how to be successful, you need to act like a sports player trying to go pro. This made a lot of sense because if you're trying to do your best and make an impression, you'll succeed.
Hey Hayley,
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like a really cool book to read. I usually like to read books that I can relate to because it helps me really understand the book, what is happening, and gives me that realistic feel. I think social media is as powerful as it is harmful. I think it is an amazing tool that is so versatile and can be used for so many great things. On the other hand, I have seen first hand the destructive nature of social media. It seems like this book really explores both ends of that. If I ever get the chance, I will be sure to check this book out.
Hi Hayley!
ReplyDeleteI was really interested while reading your post and I was definitely compelled to read your book choice! This book seems like a great way to explain to people how to embrace new technology and use it to their advantage in their business ventures. I was especially interested in your "AHA" moment. This description actually made a lot of sense to me, because it reveals just how difficult it can be to become successful in the business world!
Hi Hayley,
ReplyDeleteThank you for this reflection! I also see so many people that are anti social media, however in today's day and age we must embrace it. There is so much opportunity on social media and those who are on the platform to further expand their business have that much more of an advantage. This sounds like a great read and I may now read it myself!