Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Reading reflection 13A

I chose to read about Coco Chanel and I learned a lot of things about the fashion icon that I didn't previously know. For one, I never realized she was close friends with famous artists, or that she dated wealthy dukes. I definitely admire her perseverance to become who she was. She grew up poor and definitely didn't have the best start to life, yet she was still able to make something of herself. The one thing I least admire was that she was often someone's mistress. She of course wasn't always successful in her fashion business, especially when she first started out, but that never stopped her from pursuing her dreams.

Coco Chanel was very determined, and she was not soft spoken at all. She made sure that she did everything she needed to do to get what she wanted. If I had to ask her two things, I would first ask how do you know that what you're doing is worth it? And I would also ask if she ever had any regrets in her career. It would be very interesting to see her answers on that.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hayley,

    It’s really cool to see someone else clearly enjoyed this reading as much as I did, and I personally thought learning about Coco Chanel’s journey was very inspiring. That being said, I have to agree with you in that her relationship status during her lifetime wasn’t ideal, but that certainly didn’t stop her from being expressive of her true self. I would also love to know her answers to your questions if you were ever able to ask them one day..

    ReplyDelete